Campervan honeymoon: crazy or smart?
You had the big day, you said I did, your friends and family were all there to witness the magic and now after all the excitement and chaos, it is only you, your true love and two weeks of romance and bliss . Now, where are you going on your honeymoon and how do you want to finance it?
While some couples are flying to a 5-star retreat in Bora Bora, there is a growing interest in honeymoons in the style of adventure. But whatever style you choose, based on a survey of 4,000 brides in the UK, the average honeymoon costs £ 3,630. Pricey right? But with an idiosyncratic camperhoneymoon you can combine luxury and adventure and only reduce costs. We can not guarantee the weather of Bora Bora, but that is not the most important thing in a honeymoon, right?
Where do you need to go?
We have dozens of unique campers that you can choose from. Each room is handmade with love and has its own personality and facilities that suit the atmosphere you want to create and the needs you have. They are all based in the UK and there are many available to be brought to Europe, which means that the number of destinations you can visit on your honeymoon is endless. From wild camping in the Scottish highlands to waking up on a Spanish beach; tour through ancient English castles to the Fjords of Norway. With a limit of 200 miles per day you can even go to Rome and back if you wanted.
With campers and honeymoons, it's not just about staying indoors, even if you want to, and our campers are filled with everything you need for a cozy getaway. But if you're on the road, you can explore it just as well! Many of our vans have extra features such as surf racks, bike racks and extra storage space, which means that you can go on an adventure every day before returning to a cozy home away from home. Ever wanted to surf on the French coastline? Or cycling through the Netherlands?
Where to sleep?
Maybe you think after all those adventures, where do you sleep? Campsites can be expensive in high season, they can be at full speed or full of family outings or teens who celebrate exam results – neither is conducive to a romantic honeymoon. But do not be afraid, many of our motorhomes are completely & # 39; off-grid & # 39; with solar energy systems. These campers are perfect for secluded spots on the lake, sleep under the stars and only hear the silence of nature.
Who to rent?
Hygge for example, would be the perfect camper to record these adventures. Hygge, picked up from London, has easy access to the rest of the UK and Europe, enough space for two people, bicycles, surfboards and luggage, he is also prepared for wild camping with his own shower, toilet and solar charging system. To rent it for 2 weeks in high season, it would cost £ 1,736.
cost price calculation
In addition to that reimbursement, other costs may be:
- Campsite rates for 7 nights (estimated £ 25 per night) £ 175 (the other nights would be spent on wild camping)
- Food / drinks / meals are £ 520
- Fuel costs for 1000 miles £ 204
- This would bring you to £ 2,635 in total
That is almost £ 1,000 cheaper than a conventional honeymoon and comes with so much more freedom to be yours for those two weeks.
Financing your honeymoon
If you think about financing your camperhoneymoon, there are several options to consider.
- Use a group sponsorship platform. Instead of asking for gifts, you ask your guests to sponsor experiences, from gasoline, to camping access, to meals, beer and firewood. Your guests can contribute to any part of the honeymoon they want. Patchwork is a group financing platform that makes this possible. We work with patchwork and offer our customers 0% commission using the code QUIRKY!
- Do a do-it-yourself version to present at your wedding and ask for cash contributions.
- Reduce the cost of marriage. By having a smaller or simpler wedding, you save money and you can bring it to your honeymoon.
- Sell your wedding dress! You could keep it for 100 years in a special box or you could exchange it for memories instead. Some cheeky brides have even managed to make a profit on their wedding dress.
If you have any questions or need help choosing your perfect motorhome, please contact us.
The post How you financed your campervan honeymoon appeared for the first time on Quirky Campers.